This is the part where we try to tell the future. You're either here to see where your burning feature request is, or you're a competitor spying on us. Either way, welcome to the future.
We'll try to keep this as up-to-date and as transparent as possible (without revealing all the ingredients to our secret sauce!). We love talking about what we're doing next, so feel free to contact us for a chat.
These are some of the things we’d like to bring to Metro Retro in the future. It is not an exhaustive list, but gives you an idea of what's to come.
- 1.Add multiple templates to a board.
- 2.Split a board into ‘Activities’, each with its own tools, rules, timer and physical board area. The facilitator will have controls to move people between activities, open and close activities, and change the toolset for participants.
- 3.Guest users - VIP and anonymous.
- 4.Publicly-open boards.
- 5.User management on a board - kick and add people.
- 6.Set a board to read-only.
- 7.Templates and tools for other meetings - planning, roadmaps, standups, backlog refinement.
- 8.Create and share templates
- 9.Export actions to your other tools.
- 10.Audio calls, with breakout areas - talk to the people closest to you on the board.
- 11.Time machine - replay all actions made on a board.
in the spirit of transparency, we're not completely happy with Metro Retro's performance when you have a LOT of content in a board.
This is something we want to improve, we just need to find the right time to do it. We don't know quite when the right time will be, but we do know it is NOT when you've just launched your paid version!
There are differences in the feature set between 1.0 and 2.0 boards, partly because we have re-written the entire tech stack powering Metro Retro. 😅
This means we've needed to re-write all the features again. Some features are coming back bigger and better (we just need time to develop them...), others will be re-introduced as they are, and some features will be scrapped.
This list is correct at the time of writing (10th June 2021).